3/2/14

Graceling by Kristin Cashore Review

Do you ever just want to read a book that creates a completely new world, and you just fall in love with it? Do you ever want to read a story where the heroine is a forced to be reckoned with? If that is the case then Graceling is the book you want. It is packed with action, love, and a storyline that will have you hooked until the end.
   Kastsa was born a killer. At the age of eight, she was able to kill a man with her bare hands. She is what they call a Graceling, born with a special ability of fates choosing. The people of her time fear her, but as she is a niece of the king, she grew up privileged. However, she is forced to do the king’s dirty work. Secrets surround her Grace, and when she meets Prince Po everything changes. Secrets are revealed, suddenly Katsa is on the run with Prince Po, and that is only the begging. The world building in this book baffles me. I could have never imagined a fictional world as unique as this one, and that is what I love about the book. Graceling is full of twists that you will never see coming, and you will on the edge of your seat waiting to see how it all ends. I have read this book twice and I have not gotten bored of it yet. Katsa is a character that I admire, and I can easily place myself in her state of mind throughout the book.
   I highly recommend this book. If you love a medieval type of novel, with a kick-ass heroine who is not to be messed, and a love story that will make you melt then this is a book you should read. This book is one of my favorites and anyone who fails to read this is missing out. I give it a five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment