3/18/14

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen Review


    

    Will Scarlet is a thief who steals from the rich and gives to the poor. She and Robin protect the people of Nottingham from the sheriff that preys on the weak. Most know Will Scarlet as just a scrawny boy, but Robin and his men know Scarlet’s secret, that she is posing as a boy who likes sharp knives. Scarlet is hiding for reasons that Robin does not know, but when her past rears its ugly head Scarlet is forced to choose, leave Robin or face her past head on. Robin, his band of men, and Scarlet realize that Lord Gisbourne, a hired thief tracker, hunts them. They are soon caught, and Scarlet is forced to make a decision that might very well kill her.
 
    Let me tell you that it takes a lot for me to love a book at first sentence, but this book had me hooked. I could have read this book in one sitting but sadly, sleep called to me. I was so engrossed in this book because of the action packed scenes, creative storyline, and it had its romantic moments, which is always a plus for me. I have never read a book about Robin Hood or anything like that, but this book makes me want to read more. Scarlet’s story is just so unique and surprising. Her past is shrouded in mystery and it is not until the end of the book that everything becomes clear. Usually I can tell where a story line is headed, but I never could have guessed what mysteries lie in Scarlet’s past. I also loved that there was a hint of a love triangle in the story. It was not has noticeable as most love triangles, but you could tell there was chemistry there. I love that this book is not focused solely on Scarlet’s relationships, but her goal to help the people of Nottingham. I loved this book, and I am now completely obsessed with it. I cannot wait to see what Scarlet and Robin’s journey takes them next! I gave Scarlet five out of five stars, and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment