3/19/14

The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Long Review



    The Treachery of Beautiful Things is a story that will leave you enchanted. Jenny and her brother Tom have always been close, almost inseparable. That all changed one night when they ventured into the woods and Tom was swallowed by a tree. That was seven years ago; seven years of worry, therapist visits, and closed off parents. However, Jenny has had  enough of it. She is determined to find her brother and bring him home, no matter what the cost is. Jenny, and Jack, a forest guardian, set out to help find her brother, but the king and queen of Faerie have a different idea. Soon Jenny finds out that finding her brother could be more dangerous than she ever could have imagined, and Jenny may be the one to pay the price to get him.

    The Treachery of Beautiful Things is one of the most beautifully written books I have ever read. The scenery seems to come alive on the page, and it felt like I was in the realm of Faerie with Jenny. The writing was so poetic and hypnotizing that I could not put the book down. I strongly admire the main character, Jenny, in this book because she is a force to be reckoned with. She is fierce like a warrior, but has a heart of gold. The love story in this book is so sweet and almost unattainable, but that just makes the ending of this book all the more special. There is a sweetness to this story that warms your heart and a fierceness that will have you cheering for Jenny to find her brother, I know I was. The beautiful writing and story of this book will have me coming back for more; I only wish that the book had not ended so soon. I recommend this book to anyone who loves a fierce main character with an extremely soft side, and to anyone who loves a story about finding love. This book is so much more than I thought it would be. I give it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment