4/1/14

Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg Review




    Macallan and Levi were friends at first sight. Some say guys and girls cannot be friends, but Macallan and Levi break that mold. They spend every moment they can together, goofing off, creating inside jokes, and Levi even begins to date one of Macallan’s best friends. Friendship is the only thing on their minds. Things begin to get confusing though when their friendship begins to get mess with their relationships. Guys aren’t asking Macallan out because they think her and Levi are dating, and Levi tends to ignore his dates when Macallan is around. They begin to wonder if they are more than friends or if they are better off not complicating the good friendship they have. Things begin to heat up as Levi realizes his feelings for Macallan, but does Macallan believe that they are better off as friends? 

    I am a sucker for best friends falling in love. That is one of my weaknesses and Better Off Friends satisfies my hunger. I did not know how this book was going to end because of the title and it freaked me out, but I loved the mystery of what was to come. Also this book is written very uniquely. You have the chapters where the POV switches between Macallan and Levi, but then you have some pages in between where Macallan and Levi are talking about the events that happened in the chapter, months or years after the book ends. It sounds confusing but when/if you read it, you will understand. It is amazing. I love how the author explores both sides of Macallan and Levi’s friendship because it evokes more emotions in the reader. I was so emotionally invested in the book that I may have shed a tear and shouted for joy at the end. I highly recommend this book to anyone, but specifically anyone who is a sucker for best friends falling in love, like me. I gave it four out of five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment