6/23/14

52 Reasons To Hate My Father by Jessica Brody Review!




    Growing up in the spotlight has not been easy for heiress Lexington Larrabee. She has had to deal with tabloids making her out to be a spoiled princess who loves trouble, and crashing her new Mercedes into a convenience store does not help that image. The world sees a spoiled brat, but Lexi has never had the one thing she really wants and needs, her father’s love. However, on her eighteenth birthday her absent father decides to act like a parent. He decides that if she wants to receive her trust fund, she will have to work a different low wage job every week for a whole year. Not only does she have to work for the first time in her life, but she is also having to deal with Luke, an annoying, slightly attractive, college intern her father hired to babysit her. Now, Lexi has fifty-two reasons to hate her father, but can she find one reason to love him? 

    52 Reasons To Hate My Father is an extremely fun read but it is also very touching. I thought I would dislike Lexi’s character at first but once I started reading I began to empathize with her and as the story went along, I began to get angry with her father on her behalf. Once I become emotionally invested in a book I know there is no turning back, and I was quickly captivated by Lexi’s story. There was drama, romance, and even a little mystery, which surprised me, but when I finished this book, I was so happy with it I just had to review it. I can give you fifty-two reasons and more why I love this book, but I will only give you two. One, Lexi’s character is someone you can easily empathize with and that I something that all readers love. I can place myself in her shoes and live the story with her, without having to be an heiress or know what that is like. Second, her story is one that pulls on your heart. You can feel the pain and anger that she harbors towards her father and that makes you interested to see how the story ends. Lexi’s story makes you want to know more. I have to say that 52 Reasons To Hate My Father has made it onto my favorite’s shelf, and Jessica has moved herself onto my auto-buy list. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a fun contemporary read, but also a book that goes a little deeper than just being fun to read. I give 52 Reasons To Hate My Father five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment