8/11/14

Between by Megan Whitmer Review!


 
(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)
    When a supernatural freak of nature forces her family to separate, seventeen-year-old Charlie Page must turn to her frustrating (yet gorgeous) neighbor, Seth, to help reunite them. Seth whisks Charlie to Ellauria—a magical world filled with the creatures of myths and legends—and tells her of the Fellowship, the group charged with protecting mystical beings from human discovery. (All except Bigfoot: that attention whore is a total lost cause.) But when Charlie learns that she's under the Fellowship's protection herself, well, "stressed" is an understatement. Ellauria should be the safest place for Charlie while the Fellowship works to find her family, but things in the mystical realm aren’t what they seem. Magic is failing, creatures are dying, and the Fellowship insists Charlie holds the key to saving everyone. With her family still missing and the danger in Ellauria growing, Charlie doesn't know who she can trust. She's dealing with a power she never asked for, falling for a guy she can't have, and being forced to choose between her destiny and her heart. And if she chooses wrong, she could destroy magic forever. Charlie may be in over her head.

    I didn’t know what to expecting going into Between, but I quickly realized that I would end up loving this book. The world Megan has created is so interesting and magical that I cannot help but love it. I instantly took a liking to the characters because they felt so real to me. The main character, Charlie, is creative and opinionated which fits my personality to a T.I could easily put myself in her shoes and that is really important for me. Sam, Charlie’s brother is goofy and sweet, which makes me instantly like him. Seth, Charlie’s gorgeous neighbor, took a few chapters to get used to but when I did…boy did I crush on him hard. He is the absolute sweetest thing ever, and the relationship between Charlie and him was just so perfect, sweet, magical, and emotional. Megan, why did you have to make me yearn for a man that doesn’t exist?! Anyway, back to the review. This book was a thrill ride full of adventure, mystery, action, love, and hardships. Between has it all. I was kept on the edge of my seat (or bed rather) wondering what in the world would happen next. Megan’s writing is so magical and the storyline is so captivating that I couldn’t help but love this book. The world building was done flawlessly, and the story is always interesting. I loved how Megan wrote about practically every mythical creature that we know of in this book, and that was only a little part of what fascinated me. The idea of a girl controlling all the elements really grabs my attention. This book is the perfect blend of action, adventure, mystery, and heartache. I was shocked at how emotional this book made me. Don’t worry though, you will survive it! I am SO happy with this book. It was amazing, and I haven’t read anything quite like it in a while. I REALLY hope that there will be a sequel. PLEASE LET THERE BE A SEQUEL MEGAN! I highly recommend this book to anyone who loved the Need  series by Carrie Jones and the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike! I think it’s obvious that I give this book five out of five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment