2/20/15

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins Review!



Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


   Sweet Evil had an awesome start. We are introduced to Anna in a club scene and it really gave the reader a feel for Anna’s character. She is a character that you want to be and one that you are always cheering for. She is one you want to protect and one you want to kick some butt. She is the perfect balance between shy and innocent, and fierce and bold. I love the fact that Anna is special even among the Nephilim. It brings something unique to the story and it makes Anna’s character that much more interesting.  I also loved hearing about Anna's dad and mom. I have a huge interest in Angels and reading this book, although it is fiction, was really interesting. It fueled my love for angels. I also loved seeing Jonathan's protective father side. It warmed my heart. It also added another intriguing element to the story.

    Then we have Kaidan Rowe, who is by far one of the hottest book boys I have ever had the pleasure of reading about. I claimed him as a book boyfriend right away. Kaidan is a sexy drummer that is the kind of character you have to love even though he has flaws. I love him because of his flaws. He is flawed yet he still tries to be better for Anna. Sometimes his actions made my heart hurt. Okay most of the things he did made my heart hurt, but I have hope for him in the next book. I can tell something big is going to happen to Kaidan and Anna both. Speaking of him and Anna, I loved the interaction between them. Their interactions are filled with tension and it's exciting. It makes you hungry for more.


   The pacing is perfect in Sweet Evil. There is never a dull moment. That AWESOME scene between the Dukes and the Angels....whew I about had a heart attack. See? Never dull. You just get sucked into this story so easily. I couldn't stop reading it. From start to finish I was hooked and after I finished, my heart was hurting. Anna and Kaidan quickly made their way into my heart and this book made my heart feel all sorts of things. I felt joy, excitement, heartbreak, adrenaline, and adventure. This book is everything you look for in a reading experience. The characters become a part of you and the story seems to become your own personal one. I love books that just utterly captivate you and this book has done that for me. Sweet Evil is definitely an all-time favorite of mine. I cannot wait to see what happens next. There is so much promise in this series, and already I am blown away. I don't think I'm prepared for what happens next. I give it five out of five stars!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment