4/4/15

Underrated Books That You Should Read!


    I have been on Twitter for about two years now and I feel like I have a fairly good knowledge of books that are widely talked about. Therefore, today I wanted to mention a few books that I feel like should be talked about more. These books are very underrated in my opinion and should be shown a little bit more love. Most of these books are Young Adult fiction, but there are one or two that are adult.

The first category is fantasy.



    All of these books hold a special place in my heart because they gave me so many feels. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge is an amazing fantasy story full of love, hate, and a crazy world that will have you obsessed. Between by Megan Whitmer is a story of a girl who didn’t think she was anything special, but she soon found out that she might be the last of her kind. This book is filled with magic, fantasy characters you will automatically love, and a romance that will have you aching. Scarlet is a twist on the story of Robin Hood and after this book I was obsessed with the idea of Will Scarlet actually being a girl in disguise. I am telling you this book will satisfy you completely. Finally in the fantasy category, we have The Deep End of the Sea by Heather Lyons. This is a mythology book based on Medusa and her story, but there is a little twist. This book is about Medusa’s side of the story and how she came to find love, her normal self, and forgiveness, and I am telling you that this book wiggled its way into my heart and never let go. I have read it three times and every time is just keeps getting better.



 

Next, we have the paranormal category,





    I am pretty sure I reviewed almost all of these and I will link each review below but in this category we have strong and fierce heroines who aren’t afraid to fight for what they want or believe in. Mix that in with the fact that there are angels, aliens, magic, werewolves, children of gods and goddesses, and DRAGONS, you really cannot miss out on these books.


 Save Me by Jenny Elliott Review!                                 Going Down in Flames by Chris Cannon Review!          

 Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review!                Alienated by Melissa Landers Review!                  

Anomaly by Tonya Kuper Review!                                 Steel by Carrie Vaughn Review!

Lastly, we have a contemporary category.




   Most of these I have also reviewed and I will link them below, but if you love contemporary then these books are a must read. They will make you think, take your mind to another place, capture you heart, and leave you feeling light hearted and floaty (yes, I am aware that isn’t a word) or thoughtful and resolved like all the good contemporaries do!





   Many if not all of these books have earned five stars from me and I can attest to the fact that even the pickiest person can love these books! Check them out and tell me what you think! Do you have any books you feel are underrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment