8/31/15

Prophecy (The Dragon King Chronicles #1) and Warrior (The Dragon King Chronicles #2) by Ellen Oh Reviews!


In this post, I will be reviewing two books in an amazing trilogy that I recently discovered! I thought about separating them, but I thought that I might as well put them together. Enjoy!

The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms... is a girl with yellow eyes.
Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope...
Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.
Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy.

    I bought this book as soon as I read the synopsis, and I was shocked that I hadn’t heard of it sooner because these types of book are what I live for.  This is a book that is filled with action and a great adventure that will have you sucked into the book immediately.
    Kira, the main character, was such a strong character. From the very beginning, I was attached to her emotionally. She was ridiculed and hated all of her life because she was different; I have a soft spot for those kinds of characters. It makes me want to protect them. However, although she was not held in good regards by most people, she still dedicated her life to being the only female warrior and demon slayer in the kingdom. She was not only an amazing fighter, but she was fiercely loyal. Add that to the fact that she has a sensitive side and shows her emotions here and there, she is the kind of character I love.
    Then we have the plot. The plot of this book is definitely a good one, if not great. The idea of these hidden artifacts being able to stop a demon lord from taking over Kira's world was so interesting. It was a take on demons and warriors that I had not read of before. Their journey to find the first artifact kept me hooked on the story and I read it in one sitting. I have to say, all of the action in the book pleased me too. I love books that feature an amazing female fighter and Kira has her chance to fight quite a few times in this book. This book has a lot of fighting and battles in it and I loved it. A fantasy novel filled with action is bound to please me. I can't wait to see what the next book has in store for me. I should mention that in terms of romance this book has almost none in it, which shocked me a little. However, there is a little spark between Kira and another young man that could develop as the books go on. I can't wait to see what happens between them.
    All in all, I liked this book. It had a great characters that are easy to love, at time it had a heartbreaking but hopeful plot, adventure, an awesome heroine, and the possibility of an even greater story in the sequel. I give it four out of five stars.


First an outcast, now a hero.
But her fight rages on.
Kira, the yellow-eyed demon slayer who fiercely protected her kingdom—and the crown prince—has been proclaimed the Dragon Musado of the prophecy. With the defeated the evil shaman.
But it wasn’t enough.
Hansong is in chaos. The Demon Lord’s minions have infiltrated the city, treason is brewing among the military ranks, and Kira is buried by the overwhelming loss of her parents. She’s also plagued by the annoying feelings that blossom whenever she’s around Jaewon. But she is determined that nothing will stop her from finding the second treasure needed to fulfill the Dragon King’s prophecy. Not even the army of half-breed demons hot on their trail. If only she could learn to trust others…
Her father always said one person can change the world. Will it be Kira?

    Warrior started off right where Prophecy left off, and from start to finish, this book will have you on the edge of your seat. Yet again, Kira is forced to find another Dragon King artifact, and this time the journey was not easy. There was never a moment that I was bored with this book. Every moment kept me interested or had my emotions all in a knot. I really loved this sequel.
    We get to see Kira grow as a leader and we also get to see a little romance going on, which I have to admit that I was waiting for. I won't spoil who is trying to win her heart, but he is so sweet and loving that you cannot help but love him. He is so loyal to her too, which I love. He also has to try to avoid Kira's protective brothers, and those situations where her brother showed his overprotective side where hilarious.
    I also love the fact that in this book, Kira allows herself to feel her emotions more freely, but she is still a strong heroine. Anyway, I liked this book better than the first simply because there was more action and adventure. I am definitely an ‘action and adventure with a little or a lot of romance’ kind of girl. Plus, there was a dragon in the book. Was it fate that brought me to another book with a dragon in it? Probably.
    This series is awesome so far, and I cannot wait to read the last book in the trilogy. Believe me, I'm going out to buy it ASAP. If you love strong heroines, magical fantasy worlds, diverse characters, a lot of action and adventure, with a little romance thrown in then this trilogy is for you. I give Warrior, five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment