9/29/15

Jack Hammer by Tabatha Vargo Review!


Blaine Wesley
I’m the Jack Hammer. Exotic dancer extraordinaire. The teaser and the pleaser—the paid for penis for play. I have to be all these things to survive. It’s who I became when I lost her. But now she’s back, and I can’t decide who I want to be more. The Jack Hammer or Blaine Wesley. All I know is she’s foreplay at its finest, and it’s my job to get them wet and ready.
Chelsey Ford
Liar. That’s what I called him when he walked out of my life. Losing your first love will turn you into someone bitter. Hateful. Angry. But now he’s back, and he’s determined to torture me. The only problem is, I’m enjoying his form of torture too much. And the hatred for him that holds me together is slowly starting to dissolve.

I have been wanting to read this book ever since it came and out even before that. The beautiful and eye catching cover drew me in as well as the vague and intriguing synopsis that promised a crazy ride filled with exciting possibilities. However, I didn't expect this book to make me as emotional as it did. I'm telling you, Vargo has a way of digging deep into your heart and making you feel all kinds of emotions. Blaine and Chelsey's story was so touching and amazing that it quickly became my favorite read of 2015.
First of all, Chelsey was someone who I could really relate to, which made the story all the more real to me. She was a study hard romance book lover and boys made her nervous at first. Then she met Blaine and everything changed. Blaine is the epitome of sexy. He has gorgeous blue eyes, a body to die for, and an attitude to back it all up. He exuded sex and let me tell you, the sexy scenes were oh so sexy with him in them. I was practically in love with him from the start. Chelsey quickly wiggled her way into his heart and tamed the bad boy inside, but soon developed an adventurous side of her own. I always like stories where the characters are from different ways of life like Chelsey and Blaine are. Chelsey is from a rich family who strives for her to be the best, and Blaine is from a normal family that doesn’t strive for perfection, just happiness.
This book was more than a romance, but the romance in this book was to die for. The sexy scenes were oh so steamy and I’m sure I was blushing most of the time. This book does not leave you wanting because Blaine or more than satisfactory. With a stripper name like Jack Hammer, you would expect nothing less, I sure didn’t. Whew, the romance good, and the story was even better! The storyline in this book was what caught my attention. I figured that Jack Hammer would start out with Chelsey and Blaine as adults, as most adult novel do, but I was surprised when it started from the beginning with Chelsey and Blaine falling in love during their senior year in high school. I really liked how Vargo wrote Jack Hammer because it was different in that sense. By starting from the beginning with Chelsey and Blaine, I got to see them struggle and fall in love. That made everything that happened to them afterwards hurt a lot more than just beginning the story when they were adults and telling what happened to them through flashbacks.
I quickly got attached to them so when I got to the point in the story where Chelsey and Blaine's world fell apart, I was screamed at the book. Then I got to part two in the book. It skipped a year ahead and we saw where Chelsey and Blain had ended up. Then I had to prepare myself for more hurt because I knew it was coming. The things Chelsey and Blaine had to go through broke my heart. I just wanted to hug both of them and cry with them. When Chelsey found out why Blaine left a year ago, she was heartbroken, but she still kept what happened to her when he left a secret and that tore me up. Then Blaine found out and I cried. I wish I could talk about it but that would spoil the whole book. Just know that the pain they both felt was like a punch in the gut to me, and it had me in tears by the end of the book. However, the ending was one of the best endings I could ever ask for. We got to see Chelsey and Blaine seven years later and they were so happy. I love when we get to see what happens to the characters we love a few years later because then I can rest easy knowing that my babies are safe and happy.
Basically this book tore up my heart and slowly mended it back together. I can't explain how much I love this book! If you love romances filled with emotional situations, hurt, a lot of love, and exciting scenes then Jack Hammer is the book for you. I give it 5 out of 5 stars!
P.S. Check out my review of On The Plus Side by Tabatha Vargo also! It was another five star favorite of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment